The Fugitive Unit presently operates
with a full-time secretary and one detective.
Responsibilities of the Unit include:
- Entering warrants into NCIC.
- Apprehending fugitives using investigative techniques in and out of state.
- Arranging transportation to pickup fugitives who are being detained.
- Corresponding with various local, state, and federal agencies.
- Preparing governor warrants.
- Filing detainers.
In addition, the Unit participates in a state and federal initiative known as the NJ/NY Regional
Fugitive Task Force. This enables the Unit to obtain state and federal assistance in pursuit of our
Phone: (908) 475-6285
Fax: (908) 475-6288
See New Jersey's Most Wanted